Christmas 2020 opening hours
Wed 16 December 10:00–18:00
Thu 17 December 10:00–18:00
Fri 18 December 12:00–17:00
Sat 19 December 10:00–15:00
Closed 20.12.2020–1.1.2021. The book drop will remain open at all times for item return.
Mobile library. No service 16.12.2020–10.1.2021.
Meeting point Huudi. No library services 16.12.2020–7.1.2021.
Merikaarto library. No library services 16.12.2020–11.1.2021. The book drop is closed. Opens on Tuesday 12 January 2021.
Palosaari library. Closed 16.12.2020–3.1.2021. The book drop will remain open at all times for item return.
Sundom self-service library. Closed, no self-service hours 16.12–31.12.2020. Open on a self-service basis 1.1–3.1.2021. The book drop is closed 16.12.2020–6.1.2021.
Suvilahti library. Closed 16.12.2020–6.1.2021. The book drop will remain open at all times for item return.
Variska library. Closed 16.12.2020–3.1.2021. The book drop will remain open at all times for item return.
Vähäkyrö self-service library. Closed, no self-service hours 16.12–31.12.2020. Open on a self-service basis 1.1–3.1.2021. The book drop is closed 16.12.2020–4.1.2021.
- You cannot borrow materials or pick up reserved items during the closure.
- There will be no due dates during the closure, and reserved items will be kept until the library reopens.
- During the closure, you can return items to the book drops at the main library and at Palosaari, Suvilahti and Variska libraries. The drop boxes will be emptied regularly but there may be a delay in items coming off your account.
- You can renew your loans on the library website. Please notice: You cannot renew items that have been reserved by someone else, or items that you have already renewed five times.
- You cannot pay late fees during the closure, so please pay them before the libraries close for Christmas. If your late fees total more than 10 euros, you will not be able to renew your loans on the library website, reserve items, or use the library’s e-resources.
- During the closure, you cannot contact the libraries through email, phone or the library website. The library will respond to all email, messages and feedback at the beginning of January.
- To place interlibrary loan and regional loan requests during the closure, please use the online form on the library website. The requests will be processed at the beginning of January. The due dates for all interlibrary loans and regional loans have been extended until the beginning of January. To check the due dates of your loans, log in to your account on the library website and select 'My loans'. The library will send you a notification, if you need to return your interlibrary loan or regional loan before the closure.
You can use the library’s e-resources with your library card even during the closure. You can borrow e-books and e-audiobooks, and read magazines and foreign newspapers. You can also watch films and listen to music.