Current library services and COVID-19 safety guidelines (Uppdated 25.2.)
The situation is changing constantly, and there may be rapid changes to the library’s opening hours and other services. Please check our website regularly. Let’s make the library a safe place to visit!
- We recommend that you wear a face mask when you visit the library or the mobile library. The recommendation applies to all customers over the age of 12. All library staff will also be wearing face masks.
- Keep a safe distance of over 2 meters from other customers and staff.
- Remember also these safety guidelines: Practice good hand hygiene. Stay at home, if you are ill. Get tested for COVID-19, if you have any symptoms. Remember to cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
- Take care of hand hygiene either by washing your hands in the toilet facilities or by using hand sanitisers, which are available in the library.
- Keep your visit to the library as short as possible. Avoid overcrowding and keep a safe distance when queuing.
- We prefer card payments, so please handle your payments by card - not cash.
- Things that require a lot of touching have been removed from the libraries, e.g. children's toys, puzzles and board games.
- The library has cancelled all events until the end of February. These events include author visits, book clubs and story hours. Some events have been cancelled altogether or have been postponed until later in the spring, others have been moved online. Please follow our website and social media for updates.
Borrowing and returning:
- For the time being, you can renew your loans even if you have already renewed them five times.
- You can renew your loans up to five times on the library website. If you have already renewed your loans five times or if you want to renew a short loan, please contact the library.
- You cannot renew items that have been reserved by another borrower; these will need to be returned to the library.
- For the time being, the main library book drop will remain open even during library opening hours. You can return loans to the book drop at any time; you do not have to enter the library if you do not wish to.
Facilities and Equipment:
- In the main library there are no study places available for use until further notice.
- The newspaper reading rooms have a reduced number of reading places.
- The reading room Toivo is not available for use until further notice.
- The library does not accept adult groups for the time being. Early childhood education and basic education groups may visit the library at pre-arranged times.
- For the time being, the mobile library will only allow two customers at a time.
- The location of public computers has been changed to ensure that users can maintain social distancing from other users. Next to the computers are hand disinfectants. Remember to disinfect your hands before you use the computer.
- All equipment must be used independently. The library staff will only assist you from behind a plexiglass screen at the service desks.
- Hand disinfectants are placed beside the automatic check-out machines. Remember to disinfect your hands before using a machine.
- The Main Library's copier / scanner is not in use. However, it is possible to print from the computers.
- The Main Library’s digital piano or electric guitar are not in use and headphones cannot be borrowed.
- Huudi: The meeting room is not available for use.
- Main library: Game room Pessi is not available for use.
What library services are available?
- The main library book swap corner is open.
- The group study room Essee will be available for groups up to 10 persons at a time.
- Event space Venny will be available for events up to 10 people. See library spaces.
- Makerspace will be available for use.
- The story room at the main library will be available for one family or one group at a time.
- You can book and use the main Library's microfilm reader Mon-Fri 10-12 and 13-15. You can book the microfilm reader: tfn. 06-3253588.
What can you do in the library?
- You are welcome to borrow things! At your disposal is an extensive collection of books, films, magazines, music and exercise equipment.
- An extensive range of e-material will continue to be at your disposal. Use your library card to borrow audio books, e-books or films.
Welcome to the library!