All exhibitions displayed at the library must be kept in accordance with the values and standards of the library, with the ultimate intention to provide the public and patrons with knowledge, recreation and new experiences.
Exhibitions suitable for the library are book exhibitions, art exhibitions, photo exhibitions, arts and crafts exhibitions, hobby exhibitions, and artefact exhibitions.
The library has a right to refuse an exhibition if the contents or the execution are not suitable for public spaces or not in keeping with the standards and values of the library. The contents and technical execution of exhibitions must meet the general guidelines for exhibitions in public spaces.
The library will not display exhibitions that violate human rights or degrade minorities. The library will not display exhibitions with violent or pornographic contents.
The exhibitor must, on request by the library staff, provide a sample of the artwork that is to be exhibited before the booking of the exhibition space can be confirmed.
Terms and conditions for the use of the library exhibition spaces
- The typical exhibition period is normally one month. Longer exhibition periods require a separate agreement.
- Exhibitors will be required to install and remove their own exhibitions. The set up and removal of exhibitions must be done during library opening hours.
- Exhibitions must be installed and removed during scheduled hours. The library has the right to remove an exhibition if the exhibitor cannot meet the established deadline.
- There is no rental charge for the exhibition spaces. The library is not responsible for any costs caused by the exhibition, with the exception of freight charges for national circulating exhibitions, which the library may contribute to.
- The library will not insure exhibits. The library can, however, provide general security services to exhibition spaces. The library is not responsible for any damage to artwork.
- No damage may be caused to library spaces or property during the set up or removal of an exhibition. The exhibitor is responsible for any damage to the library or its property. The exhibitor is responsible for cleaning any marks (tape residue, etc.) caused by the installation of the exhibition.
- The exhibitor may not move the shelves or the light fixtures in the showcases in the first floor entrance hall.
- The exhibitor may not block emergency exits, or cover ventilation ducts. The exhibitor may not cover or remove fire alarms, fire safety signs, or fire-fighting equipment.
- Exhibitors may arrange opening receptions during library opening hours, at their own cost. The reception should not cause any disturbance to the normal operation of the library. No alcoholic beverages may be served at the reception. Any assistance from the library staff at the reception must be agreed upon separately.
- The exhibitor is responsible for promoting and marketing the exhibition. The library itself will promote the exhibition on the library home page and in the free events calendars of local newspapers.
- The library has the right to use photographs of the exhibition on the library home page and in other library communications without charge or fee.
- The exhibitor is responsible for all copyright clearance related to the exhibition.
- Artwork may be offered for sale in the exhibition spaces, but the price labels must be kept unobtrusive. The library staff will not accept payments for artwork, and artwork cannot be reserved through library staff. The contact information of the exhibitor must be available at the exhibition, and all sales will be made directly between the exhibitor and the buyer.
- Exhibitors wishing to book Art gallery Teema must fill in an exhibition booking form.
Anna Pakka, tel. 06-325 3579, email@example.com
Art gallery Teema: Max Bäckman, firstname.lastname@example.org