How to use the libraries safely during the autumn (Uppdated 11.9.)
The libraries have put together the following rules to ensure that visits to the library are safe. These rules are valid during the 31 August -31 December, 2020.
- Don't come to the library if you are ill. Remember to cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
- Take care of hand hygiene either by washing your hands in the toilet facilities or by using hand sanitisers, which are available in the library.
- Please use the customer service points efficiently to prevent queues from forming.
- We prefer card payments, so please handle your payments by card - not cash.
- Things that require a lot of touching have been removed from the libraries, e.g. children's toys, puzzles and board games.
Facilities and Equipment:
- The location of public computers has been changed to ensure that users can maintain social distancing from other users. Next to the computers are hand disinfectants. Remember to disinfect your hands before you use the computer.
- All equipment must be used independently. Although library staff can advise on how to use computers, printers or automatic check-out machines, they are not allowed to stand next to users while providing assistance.
- Hand disinfectants are placed beside the automatic check-out machines. Remember to disinfect your hands before using a machine.
- The Main Library's copier / scanner is not in use. However, it is possible to print from the computers.
- The number of reading places has been reduced to ensure safe social distancing from other library users while reading.
- The Main Library’s digital piano or electric guitar are not in use and headphones cannot be borrowed.
- Merikaarto library: Open for pickup of reserved items and book bags only.
- Huudi: The meeting room is not available for use.
- Main library: Game room Pessi is not available for use.
What library services will be available this autumn?
- Exhibitions will resume 31.8.2020.
- Events will resume with restricted numbers of people allowed. You may have to pre-register for events. We will need to take the contact details of everyone attending the events for contact tracing purpose. The details will not be used for any other purpose and they will be deleted after 14 days.
- The library will accept groups but you must book your visit in advance to ensure that your visit to the library is safe for your group, the library staff and other library users.
- The main library book swap corner has reopened.
- The main library reading room Toivo will be available for 2 people at the same time.
- The group study room Essee will be available for groups up to 10 persons at a time.
- Event space Venny will be available for events up to 20 people. See library spaces.
- Makerspace will be available for use.
- The story room at the main library will be available for one family or one group at a time.
- You can book and use the main Library's microfilm reader Mon-Fri 10-12 and 13-15. You can book the microfilm reader: tfn. 06-3253588.
What can you do in the library?
- You are welcome to borrow things! At your disposal is an extensive collection of books, films, magazines, music and exercise equipment.
- In the library you can spend time searching for material, use the computers or read magazines. Remember to keep your distance from staff and other users.
- An extensive range of e-material will continue to be at your disposal. Use your library card to borrow audio books, e-books or films.
Welcome to the library!