How to use the libraries safely during the summer
The libraries have put together the following rules to ensure that visits to the library are safe. These rules are valid during the summer, 1 June – 30 August, 2020. The libraries in Vaasa will open in stages at the beginning of June.
- Don't come to the library if you are ill. Remember to cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
- Take care of hand hygiene either by washing your hands in the toilet facilities or by using hand sanitisers, which are available in the library.
- Please use the customer service points efficiently to prevent queues from forming.
- We prefer card payments, so please handle your payments by card - not cash.
- All exhibitions have been cancelled. However, some children's events will be arranged during the summer.
- Things that require a lot of touching have been removed from the libraries, e.g. children's toys, puzzles and board games.
- The Main Library’s book-swap shelf is not in use for either leaving books or taking them.
- The library does not accept groups.
- The number of reading places has been reduced to ensure safe social distancing from other library users while reading.
- Meeting room Essä, reading room Toivo and the Makerspace multifunction room cannot be booked or used at the Main Library.
- The story and games rooms in the children's department of the Main Library are closed.
- Self-service libraries will only be open during office hours. The Rölli mobile library will not be driven all summer. The news section of the Main Library will be closed on weekends. See summer opening hours.
- The location of public computers has been changed to ensure that users can maintain social distancing from other users. Next to the computers are hand disinfectants. Remember to disinfect your hands before you use the computer.
- All equipment must be used independently. Although library staff can advise on how to use computers, printers or automatic check-out machines, they are not allowed to stand next to users while providing assistance.
- Hand disinfectants are placed beside the automatic check-out machines. Remember to disinfect your hands before using a machine.
- The Main Library's copier / scanner is not in use. However, it is possible to print from the computers.
- The Main Library's microfilm reader cannot be reserved or used.
- The Main Library’s digital piano or electric guitar are not in use and headphones cannot be borrowed.
What can you do in the library?
- You are welcome to borrow things! At your disposal is an extensive collection of books, films, magazines, music and exercise equipment. Loans can be renewed 5 times and the collection time for reserved material is 7 days.
- In the library you can spend time searching for material, use the computers or read magazines. Remember to keep your distance from staff and other users.
- An extensive range of e-material will continue to be at your disposal. Use your library card to borrow audio books, e-books or films.
Welcome to the library!